Mercy Apartments is easily accessible to essential services and stores, as well as emergency and health services. Mercy Apartments offers inviting apartments where your neighbors are like family. Safety features makes Mercy Apartments a comfortable residence with the accessibility you deserve. Rent Subsidized by U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
1 Thornton Avenue
Auburn, NY 13021
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Guidelines for Eligibility
- Applicants must meet annual income guidelines.
- Age: 62 or older. If younger than 62, must be mobility impaired requiring special features of the unit.
- This is a HUD Section 202/8 HAP program
7 Story Rehabbed Historical Building: One Bedroom Apartments
40 Units ( 4 handicapped accessible units)
Annual income guidelines apply. Rents based on 30% of Monthly adjusted income
Property Features and Amenities
- Resident-controlled “Entra-guard” security system to restrict building entry
- Fire detection system
- On-site laundry facilities
- Sitting Area with Patio Swings and Picnic Tables
- On site superintendent, during normal business hours
- Community room with attached Kitchen also a smaller game room with Piano, Library
- Free (off street) parking available
- Smoke and heat detectors, and emergency pull cords in all apartments
- Utility Allowance
- Small domestic pets allowed (<25 lbs); small deposit required
- Holiday Dinners and celebrations, Coffee hours, prayer groups meetings, cards Accessibility to Health & Rehab Center Including a gift shop. Beauty Shop & Cafeteria
- Privileges to Mercy Rehab Beauty Parlor & Gift Shop
- Access to Social Worker