About Christopher Community, Inc.
Christopher Community, Inc. develops and operates safe, affordable housing for low- and moderate-income individuals and families in a way that respects their dignity, and fosters their independence, while enhancing the character of the neighborhoods in which they live.
- All people are entitled to be treated with compassion and we seek to promote the dignity of all people associated with Christopher Community.
- The people who live in our residences are our top priority, and because we serve low-income individuals and families who may be elderly, or with special needs, we are willing to take the extra steps needed to provide services for our residents.
- While our roots are in the Catholic Diocese we serve people of all faiths and ethnicities.
- Many people want to live in neighborhoods, even if they can no longer remain in their own homes, so we provide alternative housing that creates a neighborhood environment.
- In seeking community partnerships to provide services and programs for our residents and to develop new properties.
- In working tirelessly to advocate on behalf of low- and moderate-income people to ensure that they have a decent, safe place to live.
Christopher Community is a not-for profit development and management company that specializes in promoting senior and elderly housing facilities in upstate New York. Founded in 1971, we have a proven track record, with 30 professional management personnel skilled in all phases of management such as accounting, leasing, personnel, governmental reporting, building operations, and the provision of social services to residents.
We provide federal rental subsidies for families, individuals, seniors and the disabled to live in private housing in towns and villages throughout Onondaga County under the Section 8 program. Christopher Community also provides administrative support for the Chadwick Residence, a transitional home for homeless women and children.
Christopher Community does not currently have any job openings. However, those interested in working with us are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep your information on file, and contact you with details if we believe you are a good fit for a future opportunity.
Partnerships & Affiliations
An extensive network of agencies providing long-term care services for older adults in Central New York.
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County helps people in need regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
Douglas Reicher, President
Kelly Besaw, Vice President, Development
Cindy Bird, Vice President, Property Management
David R. Filipski, Vice-President, Finance
Robert Weismore, Director, Rental Assistance Program
Jeremy Davidheiser, Director of Construction and Facilities
Jesse Norcross, Director of IT
Morgan Striggles, Human Resources Manager